Begin Your Journey To Becoming A CEO by First Understanding Personal Awareness; Now That you've completed the personal awareness course. Let see how positive thinking can increase you endeavors of becoming a CEO.; It is Imperative that all CEO's must first be themselves to express themselves in a business; management; business; business training; centered; entrepreneurship training; life organization; startup; stellar; value; you are a ceo; Mr. Parker explains why lifeskills are important; A Formal Introduction About Mr. Michael Parker; http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1126127339http://www.brightcove.com/channel.jsp?channel=1119361800

Start Your Own Business and See How You Do

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Positive Relationships

This DVD on Positive Relationships is so true. The segment on self evaluation really hit home for me. You must be “willing” and “able” to evaluate yourself. It’s sometimes hard to admit things about yourself, but if you can (even the things that are not good) it’s a step in the right direction. Being a positive person and having others think of you as a positive person can open a lot of doors for you in your personal and business life. I’ve really learned over the last few years that when you have a job or responsibility that you have to interact with a lot of people and deal with issues, it’s best to fix the issue and see if there is a way to turn it around into a positive. People around you will always remember what you’ve done and how you dealt with an issue. If you’re negative or dealing with people about the issue in a negative way, they’ll remember that as well. First impressions or the way you interact with people last a long time…

My job requires me to interact with a lot of vendors and staff members. It’s very important to cultivate a positive relationship with people that you work with or interact with. If you build positive relationships with them and don’t burn any bridges, you can go further in life.

The segment on “ending a relationship” was great. I’m banking this segment… For me, it is not comfortable to end a business relationship with a vendor, but as the CEO of my life whether it’s personal or business, I’m hurting myself if I can’t end a relationship with honor and follow my heart as Mr. Parker stated.

Great DVD!!!

1 comment:

Julie Parker, Social Media Executive said...

Katrina,

I really love your posts. You are so great at sharing how you are feeling.

I love it. Anyway, I again must agree with you about the "burning bridges" as there are relationships you can save as well as those you are better not saving.

This program helps you to know the difference.